I always tell myself I should draw more. I used to love drawing! Now it is always something I have a hard time motivating myself to do. I always put too much pressure on myself and never end up doing any drawing. I have so many sad mostly empty sketch books.
That's why I'm participating in the animal doodle a day challenge. It seems like a super fun way to get myself to do some doodles every day and the animal theme is perfect. I can doodle new ideas for Squshies! By focusing on Squshies doodles, I put less pressure on myself to have perfect beautiful drawings, but I'm still drawing and having fun.
So here's my first week of doodles!
1. Penguins - Here are some penguin doodles. We had penguins in the shop in the very beginning but I've been meaning to redesign them for a long time. So here are some possible penguin designs.
- A quick doodle of Oscar the lion
dressed up to go some where.
3. Bear- For the bear prompt I decided to doodle a bear I haven't made before so I did some quick sloth bear sketches.
4. Pig -
I was going to just draw Sir Francis
then I decided maybe Sir Francis needed a makeover. So a here's a possible updated Squshies pig and an a poorly doodled version of how he currently looks.
5. Mouse - Mouse in a tea cup doodle. I've got a mouse design hopeuflly hitting the shops later this year.
6. Unicorn - Unicorns are one of the most requested critters I get so it’s kind of crazy I don’t have one. Of course that means I feel like the unicorn has to be extra awesome. This one will continue to be a sketch for a while although I do kinda of like the chubby one.
7. Koala -
I did a doodle of Phoebe the Koala
today. I was going for her all dressed up to do science in her lab coat and goggles but I added color. Now she's more like disco koala than science koala.
If you would like to participate in animal doodle a day you can find all the prompts here