Here it is, completed, and supporting its own weight for several days. This 8 foot tall wooden T-Rex still needs a few finishing touches, but with this the test phase is over. I know it works and is stable, so it's time to buy more wood and build the second half of the T-Rex wedding arch. Now you may bask in it's glory...
Didn't get a picture of everything together this week. We started putting flowers together on Monday so a lot of petals were put right into flowers, plus a whole bunch that were folded just to make sets of five for flowers.
Here's a couple dinos Jason made and some cranes Christina made.
It's not the most anatomically correct triceratops, but it is the first piece of origami that I've designed myself, rather than folding from someone else's diagram. You should be able to fold on yourself, from this hastily drawn crease pattern.
As you can see from above, not a very big pile this week. Jason was the only one who did any folding this time around. Although I didn't do any folding, I did finish a lot of gluing. I had almost an entire reusable shopping bag full of unglued petals. Those are now all in glued petal form. Now turn them into flowers. I also got the origami sorted by petal size, lilies, and compys this week. Had to add a few new bags to store things in, and a box because our original bags were overflowing.
Had a busy week this week so not a whole lot of variety in the origami. On the plus side though we finally saw our reception and ceremony sites in person so we have a much better idea of what we need and what to do with what we already have.
So here are some mini compys, a couple duck bills, an experimental guy and another attempt to perfect the Triceratops Jason has been developing.